Thursday, February 23, 2012

Country singer's rock roots explored


Glenn Stewart is back in the Coppertop Saturday night at 8 to deliver his “country that rocks.”  Like other Coppertop performers this week, Stewart answered questions about his own experiences seeing live music. And now it's clear where the "rock" in his sound comes from. Here’s what he had to say:

What was the first concert you saw, and what do you remember most about it? “Kiss was my first concert. It was the 1983 ‘Creatures of the Night’ tour. I remember sitting there blown away. Now remember, this was before the Internet and the modern day computer, so we had to rely on MTV and Hit Parade magazine to get our rock and roll gossip. I remember sitting there thinking to myself, ‘Did Ace Frehley change his make up?’  Later we found out he was fired and Vinnie Vincent was the new guy. This show was at the Centrum in Worcester.”


What’s the best concert you’ve seen, and what made it the best? “The Kiss reunion show, seen from the front row. Of course for this one I was a bit older than the ‘83 show. I felt like a little kid all over again. I was looking at this band on stage, back in make-up, and all the chrome so super shiny, and the crowd losing their minds over four old men in make-up and high heels. Sounds like something from ‘RuPaul's Drag Race’ lol!!”
 
What’s the worst concert you’ve seen, and what made it so bad? “Worst concert had to be a Scorpions' 1989 Love at First Sting show. I remember the lack of energy from the band. They were just standing there. Hell, one of them was even yawning. Total waste of my time, and totally disrespectful to the audience who paid the 20 dollars for the show.”


If you could see any artist from any time, who would you pick to see?  “I would love to have seen Johnny Cash and his concert at Folsom Prison. It’s classic.”

No comments:

Post a Comment